One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nurses were also demanding that the government recognise the risks their job entails, handling blood and sharp objects and treating patients suffering from transmittable diseases.’
- ‘If a player is bleeding, there is a danger that the opponent might catch a transmittable disease.’
- ‘We need to tackle the threat, not least to our security, posed by transmittable diseases.’
- ‘This disease is what is transmittable before it becomes symptomatic.’
- ‘The fear is that human and bird flu virus could mix in pigs and form a strain more easily transmittable to humans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.