One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The degree to which a medium allows something, in particular electromagnetic radiation, to pass through it.
- ‘Solar transmissivity in new windows is controlled through the use of tinted or coated glazings.’
- ‘For this purpose, an atmospheric transmissivity is introduced for each concerned daily dose.’
- ‘In experiments 3 and 4, the same white screens with two different transmissivities were used for shading the crops on two soil beds each.’
- ‘Second, only cloudless sky conditions are modeled, nevertheless a range of aerosol loadings may be achieved by modifying the transmissivity.’
- ‘Not coincidentally, atmospheric transmissivity is nearly 100% at 3.8 m.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.