One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A conductor or conductors designed to carry electricity or an electrical signal over large distances with minimum losses and distortion.
- ‘Ancillary work has begun - the laying of water pipelines and construction of an electricity transmission line - despite opposition.’
- ‘An accident point locating system locates an accident point on a power transmission line.’
- ‘By reversing the positions of the inductors and the capacitors, the transmission line becomes the analogue of a negative-index medium.’
- ‘Utility officials said the outage was caused by a faulty transmission line separating the two countries.’
- ‘Instead, we were told an interesting scientific fact that there is energy loss every time it goes over a transmission line.’
- ‘When that bow wave hits the start of the transmission line, it bounces back, catches up to the mobile boundary, and gets reflected again there.’
- ‘This voltage reflects back along the transmission line to the source, where if not fully damped may reflect again to the receiver, and may repeat until effectively damped.’
- ‘Every transmission line has capacitive and inductive effects.’
- ‘In Connecticut, residents heard an emergency plea from the governor to cut back on power use after a state transmission line that feeds the southwest part of the state failed early on Friday.’
- ‘This feature sends a signal with a sharp edge down the transmission line and looks for reflections due to impedance imperfections.’
- ‘In the present invention, a transmission line length estimation circuit with continuous feedback equalizer is provided.’
- ‘Most power cuts in city are due to incidents such as tripping of a transmission line or transformer failure and these are usually localised events.’
- ‘At the top, diverse micropowers (solar photovoltaics, wind, microturbines running on natural gas, and biofuels) feed a medium-sized transmission line.’
- ‘The test signals are received at a receiving end of the transmission line and the amplitudes of the received signal are measured.’
- ‘In response, a small army of project developers descended on practically every location in the U.S. where a gas pipeline came close to a power transmission line.’
- ‘Actually, the repeater does no routing, as the same transmission line supports both packet ingress and egress.’
- ‘This would have made the coast self-sufficient and obviate the need to upgrade the transmission line from Kikiwa and Islington.’
- ‘One is a transmission line from a transformer, the other a feeder line to a house.’
- ‘It is the job of the transmission line to deliver the transmitter signal to the antenna and the received signal from the antenna to the receiver.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.