Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing or occurring across a cell membrane.‘transmembrane conductance’
- ‘Cells can be damaged from cell heating, transmembrane loading, and electrochemical effects.’
- ‘The dye has already proven successful for live cell measurements of transmembrane potential.’
- ‘It is important for cell surface recognition and transmembrane signaling during T-cell activation.’
- ‘Ion channels are transmembrane proteins that regulate ionic permeability in cell membranes.’
- ‘These transmembrane molecules link the cell to laminins and collagen in the basal lamina.’
- ‘Membrane proteins consist of transmembrane proteins and anchored membrane proteins.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.