A female-to-male transsexual.
- ‘Don't have all the details to hand, but there's a Channel 4 documentary tomorrow evening, following four transmen in different stages of transition.’
- ‘Those who are assigned as female at birth but who sense their body sexual function as, and identify themselves as, male are known as transmen, and vice versa.’
- ‘I married a transman, so I'm well-acquainted with all the shades of gender expression a female-bodied person can achieve.’
- ‘I am a twenty-four year old Female-to-Male transman.’
- ‘I know of one transman working within the Catholic priesthood and two transpeople studying to do so.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.