One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I try to capture their colour, transparency, translucency and form,’ he says.’
- ‘This is my usual medium, mainly due to the enjoyment of drawing itself and because of the depths and clarity of tones and translucency achievable with these pencils.’
- ‘Rather than exploiting the translucency of the ivory to render skin tones, she has used dark rich colors and glazing to resemble the effect of oil paints, and this became the hallmark of her style.’
- ‘‘Perfect imperfection’’ is what people are after - the translucency you get from real teeth.’
- ‘This intuitively devised palette has a seductive velvety translucency activated by movements of colour created by gravity's forces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.