One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The movement of something from one place to another.‘from the nestlings, 20 birds were available for translocation annually’‘tissue can become infected by translocation of bacteria from the gut’count noun ‘a reciprocal translocation has occurred between two chromosomes’
- ‘Intact foliage and root systems are needed for complete translocation.’
- ‘Fundamental to the recovery program is the translocation of squirrels off the refuge to suitable sites.’
- ‘The other problem to consider is the impact of translocation on resident leopards.’
- ‘Chromosomal translocations are known to contribute to the development or progression of many types of cancer.’
- ‘Translocation is usually used to augment the population of endangered animals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.