One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These severe restrictions on the translatability of the expressible, on the presentable and the representable, are suggestive of the rigours of Beckett's work.’
- ‘The need for translatability is foregrounded because video games are sold across the world, with most games developed in either Japan or the United States.’
- ‘Either way, such failures of easy translatability are far too localized to encourage talk of different conceptual schemes.’
- ‘Drawing on the Renjaminian notion of translatability outlined above, I will now explore the difficulties inherent in translating Manzoni's I promessi sposi.’
- ‘Tyndale's English Bible was first and foremost an exercise in the translatability of the universal truths of the Gospel into the vernacular and idiom of English culture.’
- ‘He is the only Italian poet from the era to have achieved a considerable translatability and literary reputation abroad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.