One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The set of transition metals.
- ‘All elements of the transition series are part of a trimembrate apparatus of geniculate elements, two of which are modified tertiopedate, and the third is alate.’
- ‘A complete morphological transition series appears to exist from forms with no flanking rows to those with a single parapet, to those with two complete, symmetrical parapets.’
- ‘To mention a few, chromium, manganese, iron, cobalt, and nickel are found in the transition series.’
- ‘In this paper, the authors compiled a table comparing 34 different features of 10 different organisms on their supposed transition series from fish to tetrapod.’
- ‘The molecular developmental data provide a transition series in the evolution of feathers and feather branched complexity that is based entirely on the molecular developmental experiments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.