One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A curve of constantly changing radius, used to connect a circular arc to a straight line or to an arc of different curvature.
- ‘The threshold values observed while increasing D are close to the thresholds corresponding to the transition curve.’
- ‘Heterogeneity will have a negligible impact on the overall network behavior here, because the system is far from the transition curve.’
- ‘As one jumps from one pattern of activity to another, a clear slope discontinuity is observed along the transition curve.’
- ‘Quenching, followed by tempering, produces superior toughness as indicated by the shift of the impact energy transition curve to lower temperatures.’
- ‘Use of phase diagrams consisting of solubility curve and liquid-liquid phase transition curve is the basic strategy in selecting the solution parameters conducive to protein crystallization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.