One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A visa allowing its holder to pass through a country only, not to stay there.
permit, travel permit, pass, passport, authority, authorization, credentialsView synonyms
- ‘Fatima told me a transit visa shouldn't take too long.’
- ‘The guard asked what I was doing in Berlin on a transit visa from Erfurt to Dresden.’
- ‘Visa and transit visa requirements are imposed immediately on any country which starts to generate refugees.’
- ‘The authorities claimed that this was in response to intelligence that some nationals of these countries are using transit visas to flout current immigration controls.’
- ‘The latter makes the transit period of its passengers more pleasurable by offering them a day's transit visa.’
- ‘India and Afghanistan once had a common boundary - to cross-over one needed no transit visa.’
- ‘Arriving in the little town of Portbou, the refugees discovered that the authorities had declared their Spanish transit visas invalid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.