One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lounge at an airport for passengers waiting between flights.
- ‘Australia can be a place where wanderers turn up, like a transit lounge on the end of a very large airport.’
- ‘The text narrates an encounter with a person who is trapped, living in an airport transit lounge without legal status for entry.’
- ‘Passengers were held in a transit lounge until a replacement aircraft was drafted in and they were flown to their final destination, Toronto in Canada.’
- ‘Yesterday they began their journey home to Jakarta, flying into Brisbane airport, and spending some down time in the transit lounge.’
- ‘Dorethea had met the American couple in an airport transit lounge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.