One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lounge at an airport for passengers waiting between flights.
- ‘Yesterday they began their journey home to Jakarta, flying into Brisbane airport, and spending some down time in the transit lounge.’
- ‘Australia can be a place where wanderers turn up, like a transit lounge on the end of a very large airport.’
- ‘Dorethea had met the American couple in an airport transit lounge.’
- ‘The text narrates an encounter with a person who is trapped, living in an airport transit lounge without legal status for entry.’
- ‘Passengers were held in a transit lounge until a replacement aircraft was drafted in and they were flown to their final destination, Toronto in Canada.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.