Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lounge at an airport for passengers waiting between flights.
- ‘The text narrates an encounter with a person who is trapped, living in an airport transit lounge without legal status for entry.’
- ‘Passengers were held in a transit lounge until a replacement aircraft was drafted in and they were flown to their final destination, Toronto in Canada.’
- ‘Dorethea had met the American couple in an airport transit lounge.’
- ‘Australia can be a place where wanderers turn up, like a transit lounge on the end of a very large airport.’
- ‘Yesterday they began their journey home to Jakarta, flying into Brisbane airport, and spending some down time in the transit lounge.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.