One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for meridian circle
- ‘In astronomy he installed the first transit instrument in the Paris Observatory.’
- ‘At the Greenwich Royal Observatory Halley used the first transit instrument and devised a method for determining longitude at sea by means of lunar observations.’
- ‘His greatest achievement was the 8-inch transit circle that he designed in the years 1840-1848.’
- ‘He is particularly famous in this area for his brilliant ideas on improving the design of a transit instrument.’
- ‘They perfected not only the old transit instruments, but devised many new ones for various purposes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.