One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pass strong light through (an organ or part of the body) in order to detect disease or abnormality.
- ‘We present here the first systematic demonstration that transilluminated fluorescence may be used to detect electrical activity within cardiac muscle.’
- ‘Our first experiments used point stimulation to compare the epi-illuminated and transilluminated voltage-dependent signal.’
- ‘The light then transilluminates the vessels from underneath.’
- ‘The subsurface peak does have the effect of moving the apparent source of the transilluminated signal deeper into the tissue.’
- ‘The technology is based on creating a virtual light source deep within tissue that transilluminates vessels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.