One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular The branch of biology concerned with transgenic organisms.
- ‘Of these, 123 were fertile, but yielded no transgenics.’
- ‘He's 62 now, and his latest research is animal transgenics, examining how animals' genes can be altered to make their organs more suitable for human transplantation.’
- ‘However, attempts to produce such transgenics have failed owing to the poor regeneration rates of the somatic embryogenesis protocols used.’
- ‘However, transgenics and seed treatments require that the plants be fed on, since most control is obtained through systemic activity.’
- ‘Also interesting to note is that this variety was created by ‘traditional’ breeding methods by crossing resistant strains; no transgenics at all.’
- ‘Reports of ‘high-level’ fructan accumulation in transgenics are common, but suffer from a lack of definition of what ‘high-level’ might mean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.