One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular The branch of biology concerned with transgenic organisms.
- ‘Also interesting to note is that this variety was created by ‘traditional’ breeding methods by crossing resistant strains; no transgenics at all.’
- ‘Of these, 123 were fertile, but yielded no transgenics.’
- ‘Reports of ‘high-level’ fructan accumulation in transgenics are common, but suffer from a lack of definition of what ‘high-level’ might mean.’
- ‘However, attempts to produce such transgenics have failed owing to the poor regeneration rates of the somatic embryogenesis protocols used.’
- ‘However, transgenics and seed treatments require that the plants be fed on, since most control is obtained through systemic activity.’
- ‘He's 62 now, and his latest research is animal transgenics, examining how animals' genes can be altered to make their organs more suitable for human transplantation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.