Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A state or condition in which a person's identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional ideas of male or female gender.
- ‘LGB focuses more on your sexuality, while transgenderism is about gender identity, which is fundamentally different from your sexual orientation.’
- ‘I hope that you will talk to others about what you have learned about transgenderism.’
- ‘It's heartwarming, funny and packs a real punch about a subject that doesn't get enough attention: transgenderism.’
- ‘He was the first to raise the issue of transgenderism in Parliament in the 1990s.’
- ‘He added: "I was quite troubled at school but my world just clicked after my teacher explained transgenderism to me."’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.