One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A state or condition in which a person's identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional ideas of male or female gender.
- ‘LGB focuses more on your sexuality, while transgenderism is about gender identity, which is fundamentally different from your sexual orientation.’
- ‘It's heartwarming, funny and packs a real punch about a subject that doesn't get enough attention: transgenderism.’
- ‘He was the first to raise the issue of transgenderism in Parliament in the 1990s.’
- ‘I hope that you will talk to others about what you have learned about transgenderism.’
- ‘He added: "I was quite troubled at school but my world just clicked after my teacher explained transgenderism to me."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.