One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which catalyses the transfer of a particular group from one molecule to another.
- ‘Late-expressed genes are, as expected, of more diverse functions and include various metabolic and structural genes, including synthases, transferases, collagen, and proteases.’
- ‘With the unravelling of the human genome, researchers are already learning more about the structures of the key transferase enzymes involved in glycoprotein synthesis.’
- ‘Kinases are specialized transferases that regulate metabolism by transferring phosphate from ATP to other molecules.’
- ‘Both biosynthetic and transferase enzyme activities of GS are affected in the mutants.’
- ‘The other affects multiple tissues and manifests symptoms similar to the transferase deficiency.’
- ‘Whey contains many types of enzymes, including hydrolases, transferases, lyases, proteases, and lipases.’
- ‘Enzyme activity was determined by the transferase assay in crude leaf extracts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.