Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] RNA consisting of folded molecules which transport amino acids from the cytoplasm of a cell to a ribosome.
- ‘RNA molecules - mainly transfer RNA and ribosomal RNA - also evolve under structural constraints.’
- ‘Translation is performed by the ribosomes using another type of RNA, transfer RNA or tRNA.’
- ‘Of these, a few are transcribed, including clusters of ribosomal RNA, transfer RNA, and histone genes.’
- ‘For deep levels of divergence, protein coding genes may be saturated at the amino acid level and highly conserved regions of ribosomal RNA and transfer RNA genes may be useful.’
- ‘This conclusion was reached prior to the discovery of messenger RNA, transfer RNA, or the mechanism of translation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.