One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A payment made or income received in which no goods or services are being paid for, such as a benefit payment or subsidy.
- ‘It is possible for one party to request a transfer payment into their own pension arrangement over which they would have more control, such as deciding on the investments of the pension fund.’
- ‘The contributions to these systems do not constitute net savings, when they are used directly for transfer payment or when they serve as a source for government funding.’
- ‘If the inequity is of concern, then a transfer payment could be made to compensate low-income households for their greater costs.’
- ‘From April the Government is intending to transfer payment of state pensions directly to bank accounts.’
- ‘Perhaps because its population is larger than that of all of the other transfer payment receiving provinces combined.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.