One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mathematical function relating the output or response of a system such as a filter circuit to the input or stimulus.
- ‘Full characterization therefore requires four amplitudes and four phases that can be assembled into a 2 x 2 matrix known as the linear transfer function, or the Jones matrix.’
- ‘Once each node has calculated the activation level, the hidden node then transforms the scalar value into an output signal with the use of a transfer function.’
- ‘In terms of linear systems theory, the point spread function and the modulation transfer function become invariant with respect to defocus.’
- ‘In addition to this, by Fourier transformation, system transfer function at different frequencies can be obtained instantaneously.’
- ‘The modulation transfer function serves as another metric for thermal imagers.’
- ‘The operation of the golden PLL is defined by its transfer function, which has a high-pass characteristic whose corner frequency is defined by the data rate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.