One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mathematical function relating the output or response of a system such as a filter circuit to the input or stimulus.
- ‘In addition to this, by Fourier transformation, system transfer function at different frequencies can be obtained instantaneously.’
- ‘The modulation transfer function serves as another metric for thermal imagers.’
- ‘Full characterization therefore requires four amplitudes and four phases that can be assembled into a 2 x 2 matrix known as the linear transfer function, or the Jones matrix.’
- ‘Once each node has calculated the activation level, the hidden node then transforms the scalar value into an output signal with the use of a transfer function.’
- ‘The operation of the golden PLL is defined by its transfer function, which has a high-pass characteristic whose corner frequency is defined by the data rate.’
- ‘In terms of linear systems theory, the point spread function and the modulation transfer function become invariant with respect to defocus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.