One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that converts variations in a physical quantity, such as pressure or brightness, into an electrical signal, or vice versa.
- ‘These pressure transducers are connected with the dampers via a control unit which changes the position of the dampers in accordance with the airflow condition.’
- ‘The present invention relates to energy efficient transducers and devices comprising multiple active areas on one or more electroactive polymers.’
- ‘It uses airguns to generate low frequency sound and transducers to generate the medium and high frequency sections of the noise signature.’
- ‘By the present moment, we have made six transducers closed inside ‘tablets’ resembling little rounded batteries for a watch.’
- ‘Sound, consisting of waves of varying air pressure, is converted to its electrical form by a transducer, such as a microphone.’
- ‘Leaf elongation rate was calculated from daily increments in leaf length using linear voltage displacement transducers connected to a data logger.’
- ‘The tube consists of several microcapillary tubes connected to external pressure transducers, which pass signals to a computer for real time display.’
- ‘The transducer was cabled to a control and data-acquisition unit consisting of a computer and other electronic hardware.’
- ‘At least one fluid device from a group consisting of a flow controller, a valve, a filter and a pressure transducer is provided.’
- ‘It is not uncommon for recordings from electrical transducers to contain noise at 60 Hz and multiples of 60 Hz.’
- ‘The CDA is a compound transducer created by cascading a Lorenz-force transducer and an elastic transducer.’
- ‘The responsible device is a simple transducer that you probably well know - a microphone.’
- ‘The capacitive coupling between the different electrodes allows the position of the transducer to be determined.’
- ‘Angular transducers measure the deflection of the scanners.’
- ‘Could these gene products represent upstream components in a common signal transduction pathway such as a receptor or signal transducers?’
- ‘The input transducer is the photo detector that detects the radiation emitted from the radiated substance.’
- ‘The transducer generates and receives high frequency sound waves that can't be heard by the human ear.’
- ‘The orientation of the depressions depends on the type carrier for the transducer.’
- ‘The next two figures present data from the displacement transducer.’
- ‘With the ink jet recording head, the relationship between the amount and the speed of ejected ink droplets can be optimized in accordance with the size of areas of the electro-thermal transducers.’
1920s: from Latin transducere ‘lead across’ (from trans- ‘across’ + ducere ‘lead’) + -er.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.