One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the application of a medicine or drug through the skin, typically by using an adhesive patch, so that it is absorbed slowly into the body.
- ‘These results correlate with information from other studies, including tests of a transdermal contraceptive patch.’
- ‘These included nicotine gum, inhaler, transdermal patch, and nasal spray.’
- ‘They also received nicotine-replacement therapy using transdermal nicotine patches.’
- ‘Testosterone can be given intramuscularly or topically with transdermal patches or gel.’
- ‘An example where alternative routes of drug administration may help fasting patients is the use of transdermal patches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.