One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the application of a medicine or drug through the skin, typically by using an adhesive patch, so that it is absorbed slowly into the body.
- ‘These results correlate with information from other studies, including tests of a transdermal contraceptive patch.’
- ‘An example where alternative routes of drug administration may help fasting patients is the use of transdermal patches.’
- ‘These included nicotine gum, inhaler, transdermal patch, and nasal spray.’
- ‘They also received nicotine-replacement therapy using transdermal nicotine patches.’
- ‘Testosterone can be given intramuscularly or topically with transdermal patches or gel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.