One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to nerve pathways which cross the cerebral cortex of the brain.
- ‘Presently there are six recognized groups of aphasia: Broca's, Wernicke's, conduction, global, transcortical and atypical.’
- ‘This is a subtype of transcortical aphasia in which motor impairment is greater in comparison to sensory and comprehension impairment.’
- ‘It has been given preference to external fixation as means of fracture immobilization, and transcortical pins and fiberglass cast have been used.’
- ‘There are many distinct transcortical approaches for the removal of a ventricular tumor.’
- ‘People with transcortical aphasia suffer partial or total loss of the ability to communicate verbally or use written words, but can still repeat words, phrases, or sentences.’
- ‘The clinical results of transcortical anesthesia present numerous advantages when compared with conventional techniques.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.