One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nountrademark in US
A technique for detaching oneself from anxiety and promoting harmony and self-realization by meditation, repetition of a mantra, and other yogic practices, promulgated by an international organization founded by the Indian guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (c.1911–2008).
- ‘One of the main reasons I reject religion, especially submissive Eastern cults like Transcendental Meditation, is that the mind is not supposed to be peaceful!’
- ‘A few scientists had taken Transcendental Meditation as the uniform technique, and had based their observations on the study of the subjects engaged in this form of meditation.’
- ‘The Transcendental Meditation program is a standardized behavioral intervention with holistic effects.’
- ‘It was then that the Beatles discovered Mahesh Yogi and Transcendental Meditation.’
- ‘I was also much influenced by Indian meditation practices, starting with Transcendental Meditation around 1970, and various other forms of meditation and yoga over the years.’
- ‘And nothing exemplifies this better than the fact that the one thing Kaufman apparently believed in was Transcendental Meditation.’
- ‘Well the Transcendental Meditation people have been saying this for years.’
- ‘A high-school counselor thought Transcendental Meditation would be good for a high-strung kid like me.’
- ‘Even the claims made for the significant health benefits of Transcendental Meditation have been greatly exaggerated and distorted.’
- ‘The best-known form of meditation is Transcendental Meditation, which more than 1 million Americans practice regularly.’
- ‘But it would be a great background sound for Transcendental Meditation.’
- ‘It is reminiscent of the claim of Transcendental Meditation that group meditation could reduce local crime rates.’
- ‘The man holding these innovative brand of press meets is none other than the founder of Transcendental Meditation, Maharshi Mahesh Yogi.’
- ‘The Transcendental Meditation technique, or other relaxation techniques are also useful in managing stress.’
- ‘I recall that perhaps you went through Transcendental Meditation training back around 1970.’
- ‘The Transcendental Meditation technique, practiced for 20 minutes twice daily, has been proven to significantly reduce the effects of stress.’
- ‘Can Transcendental Meditation cut epidemic levels of stress for students?’
- ‘If you have a religion, Transcendental Meditation will help you to appreciate it more.’
- ‘Stress reduction programs that use the Transcendental Meditation technique have been reported as significantly lowering total cholesterol, lipid peroxide levels, and carotid artery IM thickness.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.