[mass noun] Existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level:‘the possibility of spiritual transcendence in the modern world’
superiority, supremacy, predominance, pre-eminence, ascendancyincomparability, matchlessness, peerlessnessexcellence, greatness, magnificence, sublimity, importanceparamountcyView synonyms
- ‘Fundamentalists, on the other hand, have emphasized the transcendence of God.’
- ‘Enough to raise themselves to the same level of transcendence.’
- ‘They are the inability to distinguish between transcendence in fact and transcendence in illusion.’
- ‘In science fiction there can be no inexplicable marvels, no transcendences, no devils or demons.’
- ‘And now that we know all about them, there still remains the mystery of his transcendence.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.