Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An integral driving axle and differential gear in a motor vehicle.
- ‘The rear transaxle is also a three shaft configuration with one motor/generator and no planetary gears.’
- ‘The 400h also uses direct gear drive on the front transaxle, which further reduces noise.’
- ‘A revised all-wheel chive system moves the viscous unit from the rear transaxle and bolts it directly behind the front differential.’
- ‘The 472, however, has a bigger 13-hp engine, a heavy-duty transaxle and bigger gears.’
- ‘We plan to bring components for hybrid vehicles including motors and transaxles in-house and to the extent possible, outsource lower-value components such as injection-molded plastic parts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.