One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The transfer of an amino group from one molecule to another, especially from an amino acid to a keto acid.
- ‘The earliest enzymatic functions are mostly linked to amino acid catabolism: deamination, transamination, and decarboxylation.’
- ‘Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are branched essential amino acids that are catabolized to corresponding keto acids through the process of transamination.’
- ‘Thereafter, most amino acids are generated by transamination reactions.’
- ‘Glutamate is also a principal amino donor to other amino acids in subsequent transamination reactions.’
- ‘The key organic acid, 2-oxoglutarate, is mainly derived from sugar respiration and amino acid transamination reactions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.