One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which catalyses a particular transamination reaction.with modifier ‘the activity of aspartate transaminase’
- ‘Liver function tests routinely combine markers of function (albumin and bilirubin) with markers of liver damage (alanine transaminase, alkaline phosphatase, and glutamyl transferase).’
- ‘Aspartate transaminase is an enzyme that plays a role in many aspects of body metabolism.’
- ‘Blood tests showed raised levels of aspartate transaminase, alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin, confirming liver damage.’
- ‘Mild elevations in liver chemistry tests such as alanine transaminase and aspartate transaminase can reveal serious underlying conditions or have transient and benign etiologies.’
- ‘Concentrations of serum creatine kinase, transaminases, urea, and creatinine may be raised, and bicarbonate may be reduced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.