Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme which catalyses a particular transamination reaction.with modifier ‘the activity of aspartate transaminase’
- ‘Concentrations of serum creatine kinase, transaminases, urea, and creatinine may be raised, and bicarbonate may be reduced.’
- ‘Blood tests showed raised levels of aspartate transaminase, alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin, confirming liver damage.’
- ‘Liver function tests routinely combine markers of function (albumin and bilirubin) with markers of liver damage (alanine transaminase, alkaline phosphatase, and glutamyl transferase).’
- ‘Aspartate transaminase is an enzyme that plays a role in many aspects of body metabolism.’
- ‘Mild elevations in liver chemistry tests such as alanine transaminase and aspartate transaminase can reveal serious underlying conditions or have transient and benign etiologies.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.