One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A club whose members engage in regular long-distance walks in rough country.‘I remember joining a tramping club when I was at school’
- ‘The glade has won an environmental award and is popular with school groups and tramping clubs.’
- ‘This is it, the culmination of three months of instruction courtesy of the tramping club, designed to remould me from languid lowlander to intrepid alpine climber.’
- ‘Our children are still friends with the kids they met at tramping club.’
- ‘About two years ago, I was coerced into going to Bush Ball, a social bash run by the tramping club.’
- ‘The Victoria Tramping Club runs a midwinter trip each year to the South Island for eight days.’
- ‘They both tramp with the Peninsula Tramping Club, and the club is where they have both gained their experience.’
- ‘He got the necessary skills and experience by joining outdoors clubs, like his university's tramping club.’
- ‘A keen handyman, hunter, and member of the Masterton Tramping Club, he has led numerous volunteer groups to work on huts.’
- ‘Out of a desire to find kindred spirits for this aspect of my personality, last month I enrolled in a bushcraft course at the tramping club.’
- ‘Sometimes they were allowed to go out with the school tramping club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.