One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A club whose members engage in regular long-distance walks in rough country.‘I remember joining a tramping club when I was at school’
- ‘About two years ago, I was coerced into going to Bush Ball, a social bash run by the tramping club.’
- ‘A keen handyman, hunter, and member of the Masterton Tramping Club, he has led numerous volunteer groups to work on huts.’
- ‘Our children are still friends with the kids they met at tramping club.’
- ‘Sometimes they were allowed to go out with the school tramping club.’
- ‘The glade has won an environmental award and is popular with school groups and tramping clubs.’
- ‘Out of a desire to find kindred spirits for this aspect of my personality, last month I enrolled in a bushcraft course at the tramping club.’
- ‘They both tramp with the Peninsula Tramping Club, and the club is where they have both gained their experience.’
- ‘The Victoria Tramping Club runs a midwinter trip each year to the South Island for eight days.’
- ‘He got the necessary skills and experience by joining outdoors clubs, like his university's tramping club.’
- ‘This is it, the culmination of three months of instruction courtesy of the tramping club, designed to remould me from languid lowlander to intrepid alpine climber.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.