One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A road with wooden, stone, or metal tracks for wheels, used by wagons in mining districts.
- ‘To climb the Dick Bass Highway singletrack to the tram road, cross the river and turn left.’
- ‘An observation tower located halfway around the tram road provides a spectacular view into the sawgrass marsh.’
- ‘The 40-mile tram road was abandoned in 1931, and apparently, its rails and crossties were soon removed.’
- ‘Some of the now-defunct tram roads have been cleared and offer easy access into the interior of the swamp.’
- ‘Many of these tram roads are still visible and are used to access remote areas of the refuge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.