One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of a traitor; treacherous.‘when his traitorous actions were discovered, he was imprisoned’
treacherous, disloyal, treasonous, back-stabbingView synonyms
- ‘I apologize to anyone if my traitorous words have offended.’
- ‘There was something about his eyes that made Robin feel wary of him, the eyes of someone deceitful and traitorous.’
- ‘However, I am beginning to think traitorous thoughts.’
- ‘But this was not a reference to their obvious eating and drinking habits - rather to the traitorous porkers found in George Orwell's Animal Farm.’
- ‘The treatment of faithless lovers and traitorous informers in outlaw lore suggests that not all Irish images of themselves were entirely positive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.