One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of a traitor; treacherous.‘when his traitorous actions were discovered, he was imprisoned’
treacherous, disloyal, treasonous, back-stabbingView synonyms
- ‘There was something about his eyes that made Robin feel wary of him, the eyes of someone deceitful and traitorous.’
- ‘But this was not a reference to their obvious eating and drinking habits - rather to the traitorous porkers found in George Orwell's Animal Farm.’
- ‘The treatment of faithless lovers and traitorous informers in outlaw lore suggests that not all Irish images of themselves were entirely positive.’
- ‘However, I am beginning to think traitorous thoughts.’
- ‘I apologize to anyone if my traitorous words have offended.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.