One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A railway employee who works on trains.
- ‘Neurobehavioral evaluations of the electricians and trainmen were paid for by other law firms.’
- ‘Bert, a younger trainman, walked out of the ticket booth and came towards me and the child.’
- ‘But the diesel kept going, because the hostler, not being a trainman, had never thought of trying the coupling.’
- ‘That diesel doses were relatively high was assumed from the indoor conditions described, including locomotive cabs for trainmen.’
- ‘All day I struggled through translations with a pocket dictionary, and was rewarded by getting to know the trainmen and hearing them talk about their experiences in the narrow gauge past.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.