One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A railway employee who works on trains.
- ‘That diesel doses were relatively high was assumed from the indoor conditions described, including locomotive cabs for trainmen.’
- ‘Neurobehavioral evaluations of the electricians and trainmen were paid for by other law firms.’
- ‘All day I struggled through translations with a pocket dictionary, and was rewarded by getting to know the trainmen and hearing them talk about their experiences in the narrow gauge past.’
- ‘Bert, a younger trainman, walked out of the ticket booth and came towards me and the child.’
- ‘But the diesel kept going, because the hostler, not being a trainman, had never thought of trying the coupling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.