One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large structure providing a shelter over the tracks and platforms of a railway station.
- ‘It eventually resulted in a small expansion of the train shed adding two more tracks as seen in this September 1979 photo.’
- ‘‘The train shed is probably the least attractive structure in Toronto,’ said one person to general applause.’
- ‘Each has two main elements, an imposing passenger hall opening onto the city street and a tall vaulted train shed over platforms with tracks allowing smoke to clear.’
- ‘It stands in a cutting, and the hotel at the head of the platforms conceals the long, glazed vaults of the train shed.’
- ‘With only small adjustments to the already sturdy structural system, the one-story roof over a former train shed was covered with an extensive green roof.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.