One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large structure providing a shelter over the tracks and platforms of a railway station.
- ‘‘The train shed is probably the least attractive structure in Toronto,’ said one person to general applause.’
- ‘Each has two main elements, an imposing passenger hall opening onto the city street and a tall vaulted train shed over platforms with tracks allowing smoke to clear.’
- ‘It eventually resulted in a small expansion of the train shed adding two more tracks as seen in this September 1979 photo.’
- ‘With only small adjustments to the already sturdy structural system, the one-story roof over a former train shed was covered with an extensive green roof.’
- ‘It stands in a cutting, and the hotel at the head of the platforms conceals the long, glazed vaults of the train shed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.