Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A wheel on a railway locomotive or other vehicle that is not given direct motive power.
- ‘A single trailing wheel not only becomes obstructed less, but can also be tilted out of a pothole.’
- ‘Its pilot wheels and trailing wheels we used in the construction of the scale test car.’
- ‘The diameter of the coupled wheels was 2 ft 4 in, the leading and trailing wheels 1 ft 6 in diameter.’
- ‘When the trailing wheel negotiates the rise the load sharing again maintains equal loading on both wheels.’
- ‘So we may have a 4-6 - 2, with four leading wheels, six coupled wheels, and two trailing wheels.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.