One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A creeping North American plant of the heather family, with leathery evergreen leaves and clusters of pink or white flowers.Also called mayflower
- ‘Botanists continue to search parklands such as this one, hoping that the leaves of larger plants hide the small trailing arbutus.’
- ‘This trailing arbutus, when found in the southern states is called the ground laurel.’
- ‘Read also about how to help preserve the trailing arbutus in its southern Indiana habitat.’
- ‘Other species include trailing arbutus, bearberry, wintergreen, inkberry, sweet fern, flowering pixie moss, and cowwheat.’
- ‘Armed with a wildflower guidebook from the farm's library, I identify everything from pipsissewa to trailing arbutus.’
- ‘Indians used the trailing arbutus as an astringent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.