One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Poor, lower-class white people, typified as living in mobile homes.‘their parenting style has moved the family from upper-middle-class suburban to trailer trash in one generation’
- ‘I'd like my son to round out his education on all things trailer trash before you turn off the telly.’
- ‘She's not trailer trash, but she sure acts that way.’
- ‘Although we're told he's a rich boy, he's portrayed as a working-class tough guy, the sort of wife-beating trailer trash Hollywood loves to hate.’
- ‘There are places that look like the stereotype of trailer trash, outbuildings unpainted and falling apart, old cars rusting.’
- ‘You took that piece of trailer trash off to some romantic getaway, didn't you?’
- ‘I am straight up white trailer trash from Jupiter, Florida.’
- ‘I wouldn't want to be related to trailer trash like that either.’
- ‘He barely made high school and his daddy was poor trailer trash.’
- ‘But still, the beauty of it is that it is sometimes still kinda trailer trash.’
- ‘The last time, she said I was white trailer trash and slept in a dumpster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.