One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mixture of dried fruit and nuts eaten as a snack food, originally by walkers and campers.
- ‘‘Never know when you're going to need it,’ she mumbled, and began looking for things similar to trail mix - only better tasting.’
- ‘After a while we cruised into Yosemite village and checked out the grocery store, picked out some more provisions, trail mix, and tuna snack packs.’
- ‘Provide high-calorie snacks like peanut butter crackers or trail mix.’
- ‘Another idea is a nice candy dish filled with all-natural candies or healthful trail mix.’
- ‘Once they finished these two bags of trail mix, the only thing they had left were six packets of dried food and whatever berries they could scrounge up or fish they could catch.’
- ‘Dine first and carry something easy in your purse (bottled water, trail mix, pretzel sticks) to snack on as you stride purposely through the mall.’
- ‘Offer a variety of energy bars, trail mix, protein muffins (work with your caterer to develop a high-protein/low-sugar muffin or find them online) and instant oatmeal.’
- ‘On one of these we had a little break, snacking on trail mix and water.’
- ‘Make your own trail mix for an on-the-go snack by combining almonds, dried fruit and granola.’
- ‘Along the way, snack on foods like trail mix and cheese, and fuel up often.’
- ‘She grabbed water bottles, trail mix, dehydrated fruit, can beans and other food, a pan, a small pot, a map, a can opener, a lighter and matches.’
- ‘Snacks like trail mix, dried fruits, nuts, sports bars and cereal bars can help keep your electrolytes balanced, especially on hot days when you sweat a lot.’
- ‘Great higher protein snacks include tuna and crackers, cottage cheese or trail mix.’
- ‘The mysterious givers had packed cereals, dried fruit, jerky, granola bars, boxed milk, juice boxes, crackers, boxes of raisins, trail mix, cashews, and bottled water.’
- ‘Snacks which are easy to carry during training walks include trail mix, nuts, energy bars and dried fruit.’
- ‘Top with fresh chopped fruit, a handful of trail mix, and a squirt of honey.’
- ‘One of my favorite snacks is trail mix, but it can be high in fat and salt.’
- ‘Every morning, the first-year business administration student at the University of Winnipeg packs a healthy lunch of apples, bananas, dried fruit, and trail mix.’
- ‘When I pack his lunch, he gets a love note and occasionally an odd little snack like weird candy or strange trail mix.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.