1(in Venice) a landing place or jetty for gondolas.
- ‘Near to this there is the traghetto stop of San Sofia which is bang opposite the Peshcheria or Fish Market.’
- ‘Look for traghetto signs and hand your fare to the gondolier when you board.’
- ‘Do get as detailed a map of the city as you can, and make sure it shows all the vaporetto and traghetto stops.’
- 1.1 A gondola ferry.
passenger boat, passenger ship, ferry boat, packet boat, packet, shuttleView synonyms
- ‘We also sampled a ride in a traghetto, which is simply a gondola ride from one side of the canal to the other.’
- ‘The different types of water transportation means in Venice include waterbuses, water taxi, gondola and traghetto.’
- ‘He takes off his head gear and the flippers and then takes the traghetto across to our side.’
- ‘As our river bus weaves in and out among the swarm of vaporetti, traghetti, gondolas and private craft, Venice begins to reveal itself.’
- ‘Otherwise you can choose between the other modes of transport: vaporetto, traghetto, gondola and water taxi.’
- ‘The site also discusses the traghetti or gondola ferries across the Grand Canal.’
- ‘The traghetto are larger gondola-style boats, with two oarsmen.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.