One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who deals or trades in something illegal.‘a convicted drug trafficker’‘the most notorious arms trafficker in the world’
- ‘A suspected trafficker was arrested attempting to bring in four people.’
- ‘One of the latest scams is a chemical process that allows traffickers to sneak cocaine past sniffer dogs.’
- ‘The country has agreed to extradite a number of captured drug traffickers and other criminals for trial.’
- ‘The activities of drug traffickers cause many problems.’
- ‘I met women who were sold by human traffickers.’
- ‘Smuggling methods are seemingly limited only by a trafficker's imagination.’
- ‘The threat of corruption and subversion by drug traffickers requires strong, cross-border teamwork.’
- ‘The luggage is well-suited for use by drug traffickers smuggling ecstasy.’
- ‘He believes that the traffickers follow the traditional southern smuggling routes.’
- ‘The drug traffickers averaged more than $50,000 a day in profits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.