One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A road junction at which traffic moves in one direction round a central island to reach one of the roads converging on it; a roundabout.
- ‘The Official Learner Driver's Book instructs learners quite clearly on how to negotiate a traffic circle.’
- ‘It truly has its own ‘local flavor’; like traffic lights at a traffic circle.’
- ‘A separate monument located in Timbuktu celebrates the peace accord; still another monument on a traffic circle in Bamako also commemorates the settlement.’
- ‘If there were a traffic circle it would perhaps make it less dangerous.’
- ‘As the convoy prepares to enter the traffic circle, the rear gun truck is positioned to block the flow of traffic into the traffic circle from the rear.’
- ‘As there is a lot of open grass in this area there should be plenty of room for a traffic circle.’
- ‘In between is what used to be a traffic circle with weeds shining through it.’
- ‘The second route will serve the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta and Rawamangun in East Jakarta.’
- ‘I quit being afraid when we turned right at the traffic circle.’
- ‘They slowed, briefly to slip around a traffic circle.’
- ‘I washed my hands and stood drying them at the window facing the traffic circle outside the office.’
- ‘A lot of people are bringing up good issues - where a traffic circle or humps should be.’
- ‘Across from the Ministry of Sports, the traffic circle is dominated by a monument to the Olympics.’
- ‘Surely, the roundabout or traffic circle will direct automobiles in the city of the mind.’
- ‘The spillover crowd blocked the infamous traffic circle as people jocked for entry.’
- ‘It's next to Hotel President and across the traffic circle from the Hyatt.’
- ‘But what appeared at first to be a happy, peaceful scene soon turned into a nightmare as people realized the children were homeless and living on the streets around the traffic circle.’
- ‘The pack stays tight, shoot some metal polls, off the curb, round the traffic circle, hop a curb, back down and someone wonders where I'm taking us.’
- ‘The big shock last summer was the traffic circle and miniature lighthouse, built at the end of the strip of shops and restaurants along this road.’
- ‘But in comparison to the work done on reducing the garbage can size limit last year, the work on the traffic circle introduction was downright brilliant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.