One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specially designed industrial and commercial area.
- ‘The man adds knowingly: ‘People have questioned why he's still here and not on a trading estate.’’
- ‘Council planners deferred their decision for the houses and flats on a trading estate in Okus Road, Old Town, due to ‘serious concerns over density’.’
- ‘The shocking bit is, why would anyone do that on a trading estate on a Friday night?’
- ‘The Périphérique that rings the city like a tarmacadam moat has now been absorbed into a sprawl of trading estates, high-rise developments and anonymous sleeper suburbs.’
- ‘We believe this provides the most effective solution because it would be shorter, still provide access to the trading estate and give better traffic relief to the people of Westbury.’
- ‘The campaign still has a way to go yet and I hope the rest of the companies on the trading estate will be as enthusiastic as those already involved.’
- ‘Customs officers found nearly £1m worth of cocaine and cannabis hidden in secret compartments in around 50 boxes of peppers at a trading estate in Southall.’
- ‘They followed the car to the trading estate and saw it drive in.’
- ‘It would not look out of place on a Slough trading estate.’
- ‘Targets included a lock-up on a trading estate in Denton and premises in Cheetham Hill, north Manchester.’
- ‘Business owners on a trading estate in Old Town saw red after council officials painted double yellow lines in error.’
- ‘I went outside and saw the smoke coming from the trading estate and then heard all the sirens.’
- ‘At this point traffic trying to enter the town centre would have to pass a large trading estate.’
- ‘Lorries using a residential road as a shortcut to Westbury trading estates have caused so much damage to a low rail bridge the road has been closed for six weeks while it is made safe.’
- ‘There were also novelties such as trading estates which offered inducements to industrialists to group together and move into older industrial areas by offering cheap rates or investment grants.’
- ‘The proposed site consists of a trading estate, made up of a mixed quality of industrial buildings, many of which are empty.’
- ‘The resin found its way into the trading estate's balancing pond, which catches rainwater from roofs and car parks.’
- ‘Early on a June morning last year, four police officers drew up outside a warehouse on a deserted trading estate in Birmingham.’
- ‘The plan, which is still at an early stage, would allow traffic to pass Westbury on the west and be routed via the trading estate to the A36.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.