One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Temporary number plates used by car dealers or manufacturers on unlicensed cars.
- ‘A pair of trade plates is issued with the trade licence for display on the front and rear of a vehicle and they can be transferred from one vehicle to another.’
- ‘Temporary trade plates have a numeric two digit office code in red and a three digit serial in black.’
- ‘People use trade plates for different purposes and reasons, depending on their occupation and business.’
- ‘Bear in mind that few trade plates from northern Norway are seen in southern Norway, where I live.’
- ‘The increase for a pair of trade plates will be €27.’
- ‘Who is allowed to drive a car with trade plates, is it limited to the dealer or can anybody drive them?’
- ‘How do I obtain trade plates and can they be used on an unregistered car?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.