One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Temporary number plates used by car dealers or manufacturers on unlicensed cars.
- ‘A pair of trade plates is issued with the trade licence for display on the front and rear of a vehicle and they can be transferred from one vehicle to another.’
- ‘How do I obtain trade plates and can they be used on an unregistered car?’
- ‘Bear in mind that few trade plates from northern Norway are seen in southern Norway, where I live.’
- ‘Who is allowed to drive a car with trade plates, is it limited to the dealer or can anybody drive them?’
- ‘Temporary trade plates have a numeric two digit office code in red and a three digit serial in black.’
- ‘The increase for a pair of trade plates will be €27.’
- ‘People use trade plates for different purposes and reasons, depending on their occupation and business.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.