One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A discount on the retail price of something allowed or agreed between traders or to a retailer by a wholesaler.
- ‘She testified that she discussed three alternatives, a) an hourly rate, b) a trade discount rate and c) she would work at 25% over the sub-trades that she arranged.’
- ‘These bits and pieces you can get cheaper if some are on sale and if you know how to haggle well, or if you have a trade discount at these stores.’
- ‘Patrick managed to negotiate a 15 trade discount on the price of the car.’
- ‘The consortium offered to implement the project at a cost of $62.6 million with a $9.6 million trade discount.’
- ‘The reason for this was that he had bought the goods through the companies and could get trade discounts and also he would recoup the VAT.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.