Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for business cycle
- ‘He was at a complete loss when it came to advancing any sound argument to demolish the monetary theory of the trade cycle.’
- ‘During the boom phase of the trade cycle, businesses hire new workers, many of whom are pulled from other lines of work by the higher wages.’
- ‘Our problem is a trade cycle, not recurring slumps due to insufficient spending.’
- ‘So, it's still going to be some time before the complete trade cycle evolves into a paperless transaction.’
- ‘I was confident that, in the long run, thorough knowledge of money and credit, of the trade cycle, and the effects of government intervention would yield fame and fortune.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.