One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book published by a commercial publisher and intended for general readership.
- ‘There are seventy thousand new trade book titles each year in the U.S. alone.’
- ‘It might not matter in a general trade book, but the author does not seem to be addressing himself principally to a popular lay audience.’
- ‘A manuscript for a trade book goes through several stages of editing before it goes to press.’
- ‘Then, and only then, do texts matter, and real trade books are often a better vehicle than books written for captive student audiences.’
- ‘This study describes how two second grade teachers along with a school counselor used bibliotherapy trade books with students within Literature Circles to build self-esteem in reading.’
- ‘Most trade books are sold through retail outlets (bookstores, discount clubs, and online), but a book placed in a library's collection has the potential to cannibalize retail sales.’
- ‘Phase two is to open up the lines of communication between editors and readers like the trade book business has never seen before.’
- ‘This essay highlights the ways in which children's literature, that is, trade books (not textbooks) for children, became important vehicles for civil rights activism.’
- ‘These include primary and secondary sources in the form of trade books, magazines, newspapers, pictures, videos, charts, Internet sources, and other media and art forms.’
- ‘Narrative texts, including trade books and stories found in basals, are commonly used in primary classrooms for children's reading instruction.’
- ‘As part of this change I would drop textbooks in favor of trade books, a syllabus in favor of a classroom library, and go strongly for individual and small-group reading.’
- ‘Most impressively, the report is illustrated with nine photographs bearing marks of a finer finish than the average trade book of the time could boast.’
- ‘How did it ever get published by one of the flagship publishers of academic and serious trade books?’
- ‘And her book, a confessional Christian memoir, will expose her as a devout and orthodox Christian and as a writer of a trade book.’
- ‘In less than a decade, however, the independent bookstore's position as the outlet for the great majority of the trade books sold in the U.S. has been reversed.’
- ‘During the first step, we hoped to engage the interest of the learner through either storyteller presentations or through the use of trade books related to the lesson's topic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.