One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Without rigidly enforced property rights, dispute settlement procedures and boundaries for what is tradeable and what is not, there could be no effective system of trade.’
- ‘It is estimated that foreign investors now own 40 percent of the US government's tradeable debt, 26 percent of US corporate bonds and 13 percent of US equities.’
- ‘At the real exchange rate set largely by foreign decision-makers, a huge excess demand for tradeable goods and services - and so the trade deficits - emerges.’
- ‘He likens public education to a tradeable commodity, subject to the same free-market competition rules as soybeans, bobblehead dolls and softwood lumber.’
- ‘His current research interests include the use of tradeable permits and other economic incentives for water allocation and water quality, local air pollution, and fisheries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.