One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A loose, warm set of clothes consisting of a sweatshirt and trousers with an elasticated or drawstring waist, worn when exercising or as casual wear.
- ‘Two men wore tracksuits with Arabic writing across the back.’
- ‘Among the smartly dressed businessmen a handful of young hospital visitors dressed in tracksuits, trainers and baseball caps look incongruous as they sit smoking in the interior gardens.’
- ‘I was wearing navy blue tracksuits - something that's not skin tight and therefore would allow me to hide my little black gun in my pocket.’
- ‘He described his attacker as white, aged about 16 and wearing a blue tracksuit top and a baseball cap.’
- ‘At this point it began producing leisure wear and tracksuits.’
- ‘It wasn't much use - girls were wearing everything from fancy dresses to tracksuits.’
- ‘The final selection was a navy tracksuit with grey polo shirt for boys, and blue polo shirt for the girls.’
- ‘He was wearing a dark-coloured tracksuit with the hood up and a baseball cap on underneath.’
- ‘They should preferably wear loose clothing like tracksuits.’
- ‘One wore a white tracksuit with hooded top while the other had dark clothing.’
- ‘They came in their wellies and wax jackets, but tracksuits, hipster jeans, dainty shoes and sparkly tops were also on show.’
- ‘I don't have any specific clothing preferences, but at most I am a boring dresser, sticking to casual clothes like T-shirts and tracksuits.’
- ‘Two others were 6ft tall and wore dark tracksuits.’
- ‘He was wearing a dark tracksuit top and trousers at the time of the attack.’
- ‘The man was wearing a black tracksuit, a black windbreaker and a green jersey.’
- ‘He returns, make-up and hair fixed, still dressed in his tracksuit trousers and T-shirt.’
- ‘The man who was naked from the waist up and wearing tracksuit bottoms, has not yet been identified.’
- ‘He drives to work in Tallaght each morning dressed in a tracksuit and goes for a five-mile run.’
- ‘He was wearing a dark tracksuit with a hooded top and a scarf around his face.’
- ‘The teachers around her were all wearing tracksuits and attire that they'd wear whilst teaching.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.