One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A savoury jelly, served with meat.
- ‘You can also order ‘tracklements’ such as cranberry relish; as with the puds, the packaging is pretty enough to make these appreciated gifts.’
- ‘This makes it a splendid tracklement for cheddar cheese, cold meats, pies and game as well as haslet or brawn.’
- ‘We think we have done it and it is my idea of the perfect tracklement for cheddar cheese, cold pork, chicken or turkey.’
- ‘The table was set for twenty; the sideboard displayed all manner of treats and tracklements.’
- ‘This classic tracklement for lamb is also very good with poultry or pork.’
- ‘This sweet-sour piccalilli is an interpretation of a very traditional English tracklement for cheddar cheese and cold meats, particularly pork pies.’
1950s: of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.