The maintenance of a constant difference in frequency between two or more connected circuits or components.
- ‘The text describes the apparatus and method for differential tracking in a magneto-optic data storage system using mark edge detection.’
- ‘This tracking system provides for the tracking of a target matching the preloaded or hyperspectral signature observed prior to launch.’
- 1.1The formation of a conducting path for an electric current over the surface of an insulating material.
- ‘The tracking and strap cells along with the tracking scheme allow for better tracking of current within the array without the necessity of adding timing margin.’
- ‘When the needle is removed, the metal ring remains in place, permitting electromagnetic tracking of the catheter as it is fed through the vascular system.’
2The alignment of the wheels of a vehicle.‘kerbing can put the tracking out pretty quickly’
3US The streaming of school pupils.
- ‘Conversely, they believe tracking can doom non-gifted pupils to low expectations and exclusion.’
- ‘That concluding prejudice was a condemnation of academic tracking, honors and ‘all other class divisions’ imposed on youth in school.’
- ‘Continuing the process through the post-primary sector allows early intervention and tracking of pupils at risk of dropping out of the system.’
- ‘The testing does not provide useful information about individual children, and it leads to harmful tracking and labeling.’
- ‘This type of tracking of students was bolstered by the single most important innovation in educational science during that era: intelligence testing.’
- ‘There was not a clear pattern of tracking and exclusion in vocational and academic courses along a White/non-White divide.’
- ‘They take the same classes as other students; there is no tracking based on high school performance nor any option to take a reduced course load.’
- ‘She also cofounded a group to end academic tracking - which tends to steer Black students into lower-level classes - in local schools.’
- ‘He did not approve of programs for the gifted, academic tracking, or even qualifying examinations.’
- ‘We have touched on the relevance of the findings for campus community and for ethnic tracking.’
- ‘Academic tracking keeps the children of affluent parents, and their money, in the public school system, she said.’
- ‘They went on to examine the ugly realities that tracking brings.’