One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog trained to pick up and follow a scent.
- ‘The use of helicopters, tracker dogs and E 999 vehicles are critical in this exercise.’
- ‘The most interesting part, however, was the performance by a couple of canines - the sniffer and tracker dogs of the City Police.’
- ‘His old haunts in the Abbots Road area near the canal were visited around 5am by armed police with tracker dogs.’
- ‘Some dogs also have many applications in work, such as sheepdogs, tracker dogs and sniffer dogs.’
- ‘Helicopters and tracker dogs led the search and communications masts sprang up but it was not until the next morning that his body was found.’
- ‘That year a massive but unsuccessful search was launched in Salcombe by Devon and Cornwall police using tracker dogs and divers.’
- ‘They suffered hypothermia, bruises, abrasions, bites from tracker dogs, or were injured in road accidents.’
- ‘Police with tracker dogs later found him walking along the road in Thorpe, just under the intersection of the M25, five hours after the crash.’
- ‘Police said the operation was hampered by a lack of tracker dogs to sniff out bodies.’
- ‘Other immigrants have suffered injuries by police tracker dogs or have been shot by border police.’
- ‘To uncover refugees, the EU's eastern borders have been equipped with detachments of tracker dogs.’
- ‘When few hedgehogs remain in an area, tracker dogs are used to locate those left.’
- ‘But today it is German border patrols, with the aid of modern technologies and packs of tracker dogs, that prevent refugees from coming into the country.’
- ‘Research suggests that there are many factors that can influence the performance of a tracker dog.’
- ‘The unsung heroes in any police set up are the sniffer and tracker dogs.’
- ‘Cops, with aborigine trackers and tracker dogs, scoured the area.’
- ‘The tracker dog Chikku and the sniffer dog Linda were also displayed at the press conference.’
- ‘Tracker dogs Meghala and Benzy bagged the second prize in the obedience contests.’
- ‘During that period, more than 30 officers surrounded the canefield and began combing the area with tracker dogs.’
- ‘Police, both British and Belgian, use heart beat monitors, carbon dioxide detectors, tracker dogs and mobile truck scanners to pick up stowaways.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.